Thursday, 6 May 2010

Un-unrelated Stories I - Blue Phase

It can happen at any time, I wake up and my favourite colour changes for the next few, months, years... it happens in irregular intervals! I can never *assess* it, the beginnings & the ends of those phases melt into each other. The longest Phases were my Royal Blue from 1995 - 1999 & my Chartreuse from 2003 - 2007. :)

My current Phase started at the end of Autumn 2007 and is Blue, I lean towards Medium Blue.

It all goes like this. In these phases, I tend to use & buy/collect clothes, footwear, accessoiries, shawls, handbags and/or jewellery in this colour. (Also those hues which are adjacent, or a nuance of that shade.)

Example...
Those Bordeaux-Red FILA trainers I bought in spring 2001, when I was in my bordeaux phase, I wore them as often as possible. When it was time to clean them up, I bought another pair of trainers from a no-name(as we call them here) Brand, which I wore while my FILA's were drying and/or in addition to more formal trousers, 'cause they were more slim & feminin, and changeât(like Taffeta, a timeless fevourite of mine).
I loved them!
From that time I still own a lot of brodeaux, changeât wallets, purses & handbags. :D And I still use them, though they do not appeal visually that much to me nowadays.

Just a few weeks ago I bought myself a Hobo Bag with a colour that is a mixture between midnight blue & midnight green. I guess it was also a compromise between my blue phase & the remainders of my chartreuse phase... as an 'homage' maybe? ;)

Eyeshadow, Mascara, main accents & even artistic outpours at that time are heavily influenced by which phase I am in.
At college, later at work & even privately people sometimes would notice & ask me about it, and i would feel weird & stupid about it, but I could & can not change this habit. :D
Has anybody of you a quirk like this? Or as I call them, moments of madness.
If yes, then to what extent? -I would really like to know.

I do not try to say, that other colours do not look good to me or that I do not respond to them. Or that I literally walk around monotonous.
Still, they are very dominant, even at those time, when I only use them as an accentuation to mainly black or grey clothes.
:)

Yours,
Nokta


Oh how very fitting, for todays entry... blue resources & stocks. :D
Download, use & have fun!

20100123
by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART
&

YourChoice pack 02
by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART

20 comments:

  1. These phases you describe are quite common and normal, Nokta.
    I had my light brown phase (to match the color of my hair), green phase (to match the color of my eyes), a yellow phase, a blue phase, a red phase.
    That was before I started to wear black to make myself look slimmer, and I kind of like this color: it's practical, it's distinguished, it goes well with everything. Of course, the accessories (hat, shoes, bag) have to be of same color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a blue phase with a touch of yellow thrown in. I know what you mean about these 'phases'. My phases are much shorter than yours....maybe I'm a bit more fickle!
    By the way, it really was a book about cats giving birth. My mom must have been more comfortable discussing cats than actual humans!
    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you're now in the blue phase eh and it all comes matching all the way from top to bottom huh. Interesting! I wonder what happens to the old/previous colour stuff when you decides to change to the new colour scheme, fortunately for me i only have 2 main colours viz, blue & black

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely go through color phases, too. I'm usually all about neutrals, can't resist a nice white sweater, khaki pants, etc. But I also love lime green and dark blue. And there are some colors, like pink, that are a pretty definite no-go all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @DUTA - If you put it like that, I can agree with you. :) Though in my case, it is sometimes like fanatism or more like an addiction, and can become very distracting. :D

    Green eyes? I like green eyes, my father has them, and I always wished for them or for grey eyes, unfortunately I go after my mother in that matter. :(


    @Pinecone Camp - Ah, you're in a blue phase, too? Gorgeous!
    Well, maybe they are shorter, because of more daily stimuliin that area. :)

    Lol, mothers can be so weird in their own endearing way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @theBluesman - Well, not everything that I wear from top to bottom is somekind of blue, but 50% of my everyday life is blue. :D

    I don't throw the old stuff away, I just don't use it so frequently, and some gets boxed up and into storage, 'til I have a phase with the same colour again. :D


    @shari - Yes neutrals! Khaki, beige or grey, and the usual black are timeless to me, too. :D
    Dark blue is a grand colour, it suits almost every skin & hair type.

    Though my name says something else, I am not so much for pink either. ;), Except for little things like socks or a small coin-purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was just plain funny! I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I think about it I guess I do, just with much less shopping involved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This week for me is blue.. even the rubber of my braces.^^

    Need a cool color to neutralize the scorching heat of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nokta,

    Did u even read my comment on Jo's blog on that religion related post????????

    Kindly read what i wrote.

    Okay.

    You did not even read my comment and wend on accusing me of non-sense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For your information , i am very well aware of the fact that u wrote in JO's blog on the religion related post.

    Maybe u should be really careful abt accusing people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i merely quoted a portion of Jo's writing which is given in the italics section.

    Honestly , i am SHOCKED AND SADDENED by your comment.

    Go and read what i wrote in the "Is Religion Necessary...?" post of Jo's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Amy - Welcome to the Ckub of the 'weirdos' then! ;)


    @Captain D. - Hmm... might sound cliché, but maybe there is less shopping involved because you are a man. ;)


    @Sashindoubutsu - Even the rubbers on your braces? -That's taking it to the max! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Indian Pundit - Yes, I did read your comment!

    Accusing? -Show me the exact passage, where I was accusing you?
    Ok, maybe I was accusing you of doing some 4:20. :D (which is no biggie in my books)

    Same here, I am shocked of your eye-bleeding use of CAPITALS!
    D:

    ReplyDelete
  15. "The so called "Holy War" , is against the occupation of Islamic lands( according to them) by westerners.....and also against many western-backed govt. in Islamic countries(according to their interpretations).
    Thats what the terrorist means by holy wars. Not against christians."

    Yeah i wrote that.

    Look , by the above comment, i meant the following to jo:

    1)This "Holy War" that Islamist claim is not against Christians.

    Also , telling somebody that u have a "simplistic" world view is not at all rude.

    I am consistently surprised by the "over-sensitivity" of many people..

    Also , plz enlighten me whats wrong with my above comment?????

    Lastly , as a true leftist , i love people no matter who they are or where they are from.

    Also , i consider BOTH invasion of countries like Iraq , Afganistan AND other acts of bombings in US, UK , India ,Turkey etc as acts of terrorism.Both.

    Just to let u know.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mood right now is leopard-pattern. I also just ate a gazelle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nokta, I thought I was the only one who did that. I am going through a pink phase right now.

    Oh, gosh, I just read through your comments, and it looks as if I have started a "flame storm". *heh* Oh, dear...

    Back to the colors ... I am going through a pink phase right now, but my terrace garden is all landscaped in red geraniuns, so I may be swinging over to red. *heh*

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Indian Pundit - "over-sensitivity"???

    Look, I had a bad week, and today a very bad day, leave it be, goodbye & have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @calicolyst - Oh mine is leopard-pattern, too, though it is more of a melanistic, pink nature. ;)


    @Jo - No, you are not alone! ;) Though I am surprised, judging by your layout & some artworks there, i thought you were more into orange & golden hues.

    Nah, you did not. :) We are only human after all... so, little quarrels can happen sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes.
    The life is continuation of an insane moment...

    Happy weekend.

    From the Far East.
    Best regards.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...