Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Türk Konsolosluğu & People!

Last friday I accompanied my mother to the Turkish Consulate. We already had been there 3.5 weeks earlier, and only had to come back to get her new ID.

It was weird...
I was the only one not looking Turkish.
I was the only one with light skin.
I was the only one with natural(and not coloured) medium golden brown hair. Not black or very dark brown.
I was taller than everyone there, except for 3 or 4 young men.
I was the only German.
I was the only one talking German.
And... I was the only one using proper High-Turkish, when I actually had to talk Turkish.

I felt so alien in this old building, surrounded by people who where just so not like me. Not only physical.
Also they just weren't what I would call turkish, most of all not their behaviour.
Turkish people are generally quite kind & forthcoming (if your father also is turkish, damnit!)... but these?

Disabled, pregnant or frail, old people? No one did care or consider.
Everyone just wanted to be the first at the counter. Pushing, nagging and cursing they would queue-jump at every and no opportunity.
Something that used to be unimaginable for a Turk.

Then some of them would demand the most impossible tasks from the officials working at the counters and where mad even hough they had only themselves to blame, that their wishes(or more like crazy demands) could not be met.

At our first visit weeks ago there was a guy, asking my mother to let him go first, he just had to ask a quick question. (which was obviously a lie)
My mother told him polite yet firmly, that she was blind and had had a long journey to the consulate, and considering her all around health she could not do that.
And he? -He answerd saucily, that it was noticable she had been living for a long time in Germany. After all she really had absorbed their shitty culture!
Ahm, WTF?

Only a few seconds later my mother closed her eyes, it was hot and she was not feeling that great all day anyway, and leaned on the metal divider (between the counters).
I was asking her if she was okay and that Bastard used the moment and swept past us, shoving the headscarf wearing woman at the counter rudely away, talking hastily to the female Civil-Servant... (Well, if this is the 'new' Turkish culture and way of life, then I prefer to behave German!)

...and she smoothly told him to leave, she could not help him anyway since he had to go another office(the building has no lift) 3 floors upstairs and that the specific clerk might not be there anyway on that day. (take that you old Camel-f*cker! nah sana...)
If my mother had not held me back, I would have introduced his Face to my Fist!

Like I said, both times at the Consulate were most terrible.
And both times I could feel a huge psychologic burden lift from my shoulders as soon as I left that dreadful scene.
The place was depressing to say the least.

Thank Goodness, we do not have to go there for another 10 years.

On an upside note... there was a young man who also wanted to renew his turkish ID... but he was ethnically Japanese... Kawaii ^_^

So, that's it for tonight.

Yours,
Nokta

For those who are in need of digital resources... 2 new Links!
Download, have fun & credit, please!

BLR-01
by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART
&

YourChoice pack 03
by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART

3 comments:

  1. what a tale dear....acting blind? that's something that i must try too sometimes now that i'm back to being baldy again http://thebluesmansnapshots.blogspot.com/2011/06/june2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the situation you've just described is a common one at other consulates too not only at the turkish consulate, and not only in Germany. I'm saying this from gloomy personal experience.

    I'm sorry to learn from your post, about your mother's condition. My late mother got blind due to glaucoma disease, and life was not easy for her and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @theBluesman - Hehee, yeah... the world is a crazy palce!
    How comes my blog won't show your new posts?
    Will none the less pop over in a few Minutes, okay? ;)

    @DUTA - I guess you are right... :(
    Still, the other few times I had to go with her in the past 20+ years, people just weren't that blatantly ill-behaved...

    Yes, well I always tell myself that she still us, has her family. We try to make things as easy as possible for her, which does not always work.
    Though she always asures me jokingly, that she still has 5% eye-sight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...