Wednesday, 20 July 2011

20 Jiǎozi for Youqing.

As you can see on the left, I have been on a Mini-Haul at the nearest Asia-Shop. The owner is chinese but has everything Asian from indonesian Agar-Agar to japanese Nori. I had to search a long time to find a shop as huge as his.

We do not have anything resembling a Chinatown, as the english speakers call it.
Okay, so we once had one, but the Nazis 'did their job' & well, the rest is History... :(
Though, come to think of it, we do have one Japantown, but that is just not the same.

You will only find a few chinese Shops scattered in big Cities across this Country. And they are by far nothing comparable to those in San Francisco or Vancouver.
I just can not wait, to go there again next Month.
Oh, and definitely worth the long Drive!

So that was it for now. I need to retouch some stuff.

And by the way, just a quick question... does anyone of you know a place like photobucket, that you can use to upload a 'hover-over' Flash?

Yours,
Nokta


Here the resources/stocks. Download & use, have fun & credit!
AdBe 001 by ~PinkPanthress-Stock
&
Maidenhair by ~PinkPanthress-Stock

10 comments:

  1. Looks like good treats, especially the sesame cracker looking thing.

    Never heard of Hover-Over-Flash sorry...

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jesse - Oh yes, the Sesame-bar was a trip down memory lane. I used to eat those in between work 10 years ago when I had to go to my 12 hours shift 6 days a week.

    A flash image, when you hover over it with your mouse, the image changes? It's an .swf file, I believe some call it a mouse over, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The asian shops look very inviting with all those smells and colors of their products.

    However, my curiosity is satisfied now and then by having a bite at an eatery serving chinese/indian/japanese food, not by preparing it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DUTA - Hmhm, those odours are so exotique! :)

    Really? -I need more.
    For example I bought ginseng soap, I just couldn't leave without one bar in my basket.

    And we bought 2 big Woks, I love cooking it myself much more, also that way I can guarantee myself & my parents that there won't be pork in the food.
    But you're right, it's just not the same than just buying it & sitting down & just savouring the taste in bliss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you love Asian markets - then try your local Mexican Tienda. Dried everything on the spice rack & ridiculously oversized pastries on the counter.

    Arriba! Arriba!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kimberly - Alas, my dear... we do not have any mexican Tienda in this Country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you go to Vancouver, make sure to head to Richmond, just to the south where the airport is. That's where all the Chinese and Japanese malls are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, PinkPanthress.
    The graceful sense wraps your artworks.

    Thank you for the warmth of your heart.
    Have a good week...

    Greetings.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do love a good Chinatown. You picked up some great treats!
    Wish I could help you with your tech question, but I have no idea. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Captain Dumbass - I will remember your advice. If I will ever make it to the Promised Land... :D

    @ruma - So glad you visited. And thank you for those gracious words.

    @PineconeCamp - Oh, yes the Fanta Strawberry was particularly yummy.
    Will buy so much more next time.

    No worries, I will find out someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...