Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Nokta reads... 04/2012

  • I just realised that I had neither posted the books from April nor had I posted that darn tut... which I promised to upload.
  • Sorry, but my private life was kinda messy & hectic. = (Read SNAFU!)
  • I hope to get something up, not book related, in the coming days. *wipes forehead*
  • Oh, and sorry if the post underneath reads a bit like gibberish, but I am tired, hungry & english is only my 3'rd language, so sometimes s*ite like that happens.
Terrorismus - Die Sinnlose Gewalt (The Lessons of Terror: A History of Warfare Against Civilians) - Caleb Carr
★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
I wanted to like this book, even did to some extent... but most of it was too dull and too stuffy for me to read.
After each page that I had read I groaned hopelessly, while counting in my head how many pages I still had before me. (Note that I read EVERY book to end... unfortunately)
On the other hand I thought it great that Carr, himself american, bashed the Americans as well in his book and then some more(the government not the common people, mind you) for being some of the worst global Terrorists.
You can not say that these days without being accused of being unamerican... unless you are an american.... an even then it's a fifty-fifty thing.

Jetzt! Die Kraft der Gegenwart (The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment) - Eckhart Tolle
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
Although I approve with Tolle for more than 50% of his book, I still think that he makes it too easy for himself, putting on the great Guru hat, pretending that you as an individual are worth nothing. We all live in Maya anyway, so f*ck this illusion.
'Cause it's all in your head!
He acts as if one is "intellectually challenged" for being sad or angry about something that you can not change, no matter how many times you try. No matter how frustrating today's life can be.
One should just keep trying the same shit, and let the emotional stuff just bounce off oneself. B*llsh*t!!!
He should keep in mind that there are people out there, who have always tried to do what they were predetermined for thanks to her intelligence.
Since they have neither money nor the right kind of relatives or acquaintances, or anything similar... they will never succeed in pursuing their heart's desire. Even if they die trying.
But of course Tolle has the right to laugh at us. He sits on his Shekels, that we the readers & his followers pay him, lives in beautiful Vancouver and even has a wife/girlfriend/SO a few years younger than him.
And why do I get upset about this? -Of course, because I won't allow the anger & envy to just pass me. Sorry, Master Eckhart. :þ


BTW, tomorrow I'll get myself a used, old bicycle. They are cheaper, since they are repaired, recycled & what-have-you-not by unemployed people. I just don't want to pay 200€'s time & again, just so someone can steal it the next weekend. I won't let that happen again, am too stingy for that!
Also, good kamra points for me, do you hear me Eckhart?! *shakes fist*

Okay, sorry once more... long blog-post is long. *smooch*

Yours, 
Nokta


Stocks & Resources from me to those of you who actually want them! Download, use & please credit!
TgS-18 by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART
&
  20101028 by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART

4 comments:

  1. Hello, PinkPanthres.

      Sharing a moment of peace.
      It is a joy for all.

      Thank you for the warmth of your heart.
      The prayer for all peace.

    Have a good weekend. From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words, ruma-san. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are two heavy subjects: terrorism and spirituality. I admire your attempt to read such serious books.

    Good Luck with the bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read non-fiction every now & then.

      Though I can not recommend the one about Terrorism... it's so dry, you'll want to soak it thoroughly beforehand. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...