Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Nokta reads... 05/2012

My parents are going to celebrate their Birthdays in the coming days.
First Father and a few days later Mother.
 -
Also I am thinking of taking a small hiatus from work, too, since it is summer.
This will give me even more time for books to read.

 Die Kunst des Krieges (The Art of War / Sūnzǐ Bīngfǎ - 孫子兵法) - Sunzi
★★★★★★★☆☆☆
I liked this one, although I'm no a fan of war, since I am very well aware that you can use the described tactics & his wisdom in your business as well as day to day life situations.
And considering in which year this was written, makes the whole read even more interesting.
I am pleasantly surprised.

Wie ein einziger Tag (The Notebook) - Nicholas Sparks
★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Do not ask me why I did read this one.... I don't know myself.
I can not stand these chick-flick, sappy, crybaby stories... most of all, not when they are this cliché & boring. And yet I've read this book.
I really don't understand why I am always doing this to myself. I swear, next time I will do my best & try giving books such as this a wide berth. *bleh*


 In other news, my cupboards are full, no more new mugs for me to buy.
Well, I could buy more of them... but unless I want to pile mugs on the floor all around the flat I will have to stop. :(
 Nachtchen!

Yours, 
Nokta

Stocks & Resources to those of you who actually want them!
Download& have fun... Please credit!

6 comments:

  1. Hello, PinkPanthress.

      Your exquisite work leads my impression.
      The passion for the art.  It is universal.

      The prayer for all peace.

    Have a good day. from Japan, ruma ❀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Mom and Dad!
    It's summertime. Do take a break and enjoy yourself! I wouldn"t spend it on reading books but on living the life outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear!

      You're right, I really do need a break, it's Summer after all.
      But I am not much of an outdoor person. Or maybe I could read outside? -Still have to figure that one out. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...