Monday, 20 August 2012

Nokta reads... 07/2012

We had 39°C non stop the past few Days.
And let me tell you, I was stupid enough to go outside shopping in this heat.
-Anyone else out there, who felt like they were going to melt to death?

Eine kurze Geschichte der Zeit (A Brief History of Time) - Stephen Hawking
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
Nice to read. But there were a few pages which he should have left out, but I'm not the only reader to whom he has directed this book, right?
Quite okay.

Salammbô (Salambô) - Gustave Flaubert
★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
Fight of the Carthaginians against the Barbarians & the Eaters of unclean Food(Les "Mangeurs-de-choses-immondes").
Love & hate. Superstition and what you have not.
There were moments where I adored Flaubert's love of rich & extensive descriptions, but even more moments in which I just found it annoying. :Ᵽ

Herrenhaus – Oper mit einem Prolog und drei Akten (Mannerhouse: A Play In A Prologue And Four Acts) - Thomas Wolfe
★★★★★★★☆☆☆
War, racism, delusions, and what else was considered good manners back in those days.
Reminded me a bit of "Gone With the Wind" and "North and South", which my mother used to watch when I was a child.
It was a good read, albeit too brief.
(the last one I did read via e-book, so no pic)

On a slightly other note, it seems like I did catch a cold, or at least a sore throat, in the middle of this heat wave. Must be the Ventilators in my Flat & the A/C's everywhere I go.
But I'm okay with it, I haven't had a cold or flu in over 18 Months. So I guess, this will be a brief thing.

Yours,
Nokta

Stocks & Resources to those of you who want them! Download & have fun...
Credit is Love! And sharing is caring! :)
20110302 by ~PinkPanthress-Stock on deviantART

7 comments:

  1. loving your blog! followed you in gfc, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! (;
    I followed u, I hope that u follow back. xx

    Love, Jackffy
    jackffy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one by Flaubert sounds really interesting! You've got such a lovely blog, I was wondering if you would like to follow each other?

    Let me know :)

    Kisses, Mary
    http://teenfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salammbô? -Yes, it was a good read.

      Follow? Sure, why not? I'll hop over right now & take a look at your blog. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great blog ;) Maybe u wanna follow each other?
    Keep in touch.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...