Friday, 28 February 2014

I need to invest more time in meditating...

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.
~The Buddha

At the beginning of the Year I was trying to be '...more forgiving, to others AND to myself..." and to "...Live consciously, being more aware of myself & my surroundings...", but I just can't, it is so hard at times.

Whenever I try to be kind people become condescending or nasty, whenever I try to be understanding people use me. So I thought about trying to learn meditating... not that this might really help me, but it could be useful on how I would handle Real Life in the Future.


I know the basics and used to 'pseudo-meditate' in the past, but being hyper/wired almost 24/7 and being an Agnostic, meaning I have a hard time with everything Spiritual or which feels illogical to me, it gets harder to reap real benefits out of this. Also, now that I think of it, I am not constant with any kind of practice besides my daily Sport.


Well, today starts a long weekend here because of Rosenmontag, which is a holiday here and in which I do not participate anyway, so I could try finding the right time in my daily schedule now.

Perhaps that could also help me not getting irritated so often. Something that is really troubling to me, though that might be more because of the people I am surrounded with on a daily base.
(I really could write a book about them...)

I wish you a beautiful weekend...

Yours,
 Nokta

Image Sources - #1 & #2

12 comments:

  1. I try to meditate too, but I need to focus harder.
    Have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The focusing is hard, I mean how do you do that?
      My mind is cluttered...
      Thank you, a beautiful weekend to you as well.

      Delete
  2. Amiga post maravilhoso amei.
    bom final de semana e feliz carnaval
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nokta, I could write a book about the characters I know... it would be great for laughs. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog... I was really touched, it is not possible to keep up the way that I was, I would have been burned out and stopped blogging... I am just going to comment when I can.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?
      My pleasure... I rather you cut down on Online time than vanishing from the Blogosphere alltogether. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi dear!! I really enjoy your blog, its amazing!!
    Your style is so perfect :)
    Come to see my new post: REALITY BITES
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's hard to believe it is already March now because it feels like new years was just a few days ago haha!
    I think meditating is a great way to get more in touch with yourself and to help calm yourself down. I have been around annoying people too and they always get on my nerves. My advice would be to just ignore them or tolerate them if you must and then surround yourself with people you actually do like!
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been interested in meditation lately too. I bought a relaxation album last month but that is far as I have taken it so far. This post might be the push I need to actually put it on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am glad to find your blog and post. I do mediating everyday! at least 40 mins at the time. I sometimes do 2 or 3 times a day. depends on how my day goes. You have a lovely blog. Keep meditating, good benefit in so many ways. ox

    I'd love to have you on my blog! Welcome dear!

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...