Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Tumblr Tuesday IX

A few Weeks ago my mother got her old Oympia Traveller typewriter out from the top of her and fathers wardrobe. The poor thing was so dusty I almost died seeing it like that. She asked me if I could get it to work again... and so my love for Typewriters, or Daktilo as they are called in Turkey, woke from anew. Enjoy.
(Links are below the images, should you fancy to Like them on Tumblr and for Crediting of course.)







Hmm... I should be too young, to feel such a Nostalgia about these, but I clearly remember from my Childhood the tic, tic, tac whenever my mother wrote a letter to her (far, far away) turkish Relatives.
Or when she wrote Poems on it, just because I wanted to see the tiny Letters throw themself(?) against the Paper, lead by my Mother's magical Fingers.

Do you own a typewriter? Do/Can you use it?
If english is not your first language, what do you call a typewriter in your Mother Tongue?

Yours, 
 Nokta

Oh, and here one more treat... a Schreibkugel/Writing Ball from Denmark
The famous Nietzsche used to own one...

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog. Yes, I want to follow each other. I'm your new follower. Now it's your turn.
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your Comment... *whee* And thank you for the follow!

      Delete
  2. Your post is so cool, I miss this type an old keyboard, so vintage taste. Thank you for sharing:). Also thank you for dropping by.

    Kiss

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... and thank you for visiting back! ;)

      Delete
  3. "Masina de scris" we call in romanian, I didn't have and even don't know to use one. I like that mint one surround by flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, the Romanian word sounds cute!
      The mint typewriter & desk are quite inspiring...

      Delete
  4. Nokta... I do own an old typewriter... I loved it. I could still use it and I have... I thought about giving it away once but I'm glad I kept it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember them from my childhood too! Those were the days, right?! Simpler times....I wish I could go back in time! This post definitely brings back some great memories:)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...