Saturday, 10 May 2014

Nokta reads 04/2014...

More than a 3'rd of the Year gone and I didn't even get to really do what I wanted this year. Not work-wise... that's all fine, but real life has been really lacking aside from my reading list. :)
But that's okay I guess.

Zwischen Nacht und dunkel (Full Dark, No Stars) - Stephen King
★★★★★★★★★☆
I have always preferred King's short Fictions (Short Stories, Novelettes, Novellas).
This Book is a collection of 4 novellas. The US-american edition from 2011 has a 5'th short story called "Undert the Weather", which unfortunately isn't featured in the German editions.
-1922
A farmer writes his confession, but in the end it's up to you if he tells the truth or is just nutters.
Nice one if a bit too drawn-out. Here we encounter King's love-hate relationship with Rats being one of the Antagonists. 
-Großer Fahrer (Big Driver)
A female author takes a short cute back home with her car... which ends quite unexpectedly.
I loved this one!
-Faire Verlängerung (Fair Extension)
A short story of how a pact with the Devil can end with a happy end for the Contractee.
Not bad, I laughed a few good laughs.
-Eine gute Ehe (A Good Marriage)
A woman finds out about a 'Hobby' of her Husband of over 25 years, by accident. And she's not amused.
This was very interesting to read. And the end was quite pleasing.
All in all I was very happy with this Book. I was reading it whenever I had the tiniest amount of free time.

Die 7-Minuten-Buddha-Meditation: Die einfache burmesische Technik für den Alltag [The 7 Minute Buddha Meditation: The simple burmese Technic for everyday life] - Anton Pichler
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆
I don't like to talk bad about dead people, which the Author is, may he Rest in Peace.
BUT, this Book was a major let down in many aspects.
While it was written in an easy & understandable way, there were no real guidelines. And exactly 75% of it were Buddha pictures & big written Mantras like "Strength", "Happiness" and such, which I didn't really need...
The Chapters, if you can call them that, also felt like they had been arranged haphazardly.
I would not recommend it.

"I HAS NO IMAGE 4 U CUZ DIS BOOKZ HAS BEEN READ WIF SMART FONE." :3


I have kind of become addicted to my smart-phone as a reading medium.
Our public library has been online for over 7 months, which is a time-saver for me since I won't have to go there, to borrow the real books.

What about you, do you read books via smart-phone, e-reader or a computer?
Is it a time saver in your opinion?

Have a lovely weekend and keep reading... xo

-Yours, 
 Nokta

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could do that... I will have to check with my library to see if I can do that here too... that might be the best way for me to get back into reading... I love it... I used to read all the time...

    Have a really great weekend and thank you for your comments on my blog, I always love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tips! I always read 'real' books but maybe it's time to switch to an e-reader...

    xxx

    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;)

    Prefiro ter o livro mesmo na mão!

    Ótimo domingo!

    Beijo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always found the whole reading on online an interesting thing. I have tried it once a while back, but I did not like it. I feel like I prefer holding a book in my hand than on a tablet or phone. I do agree though that going online is a lot more convenient( and possibly cheaper) than having to go out and get a book!!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amiga postagem ótima amei tenha uma semana abençoada
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this reading list and your honest opinion on book #2! I've never read on my smart phone...my eyes would definitely hurt lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...