Thursday, 24 September 2015

Weird Word Wednesdays II

Fernweh - fern·weh
                 far · sore
(n.) an indefinable ache or longing to be at far away places


Every now & then one experiences that feeling... when home is not enough. When one needs to visit a place without really knowing where it is at all.
It's a yearning that most people go through at least once in their life.

I myself originating from a multi-cultural background have felt Fernweh a lot. But the outcome has never been quite what I wished for.

Have you ever felt Fernweh? Did you act on that feeling?
Which place did it lead you to? Was it satisfying or did it start all over once you barely settled?

I am curious to know.

Yours, 
 Nokta

4 comments:

  1. off to the Atacama desert... Sie steht seit Jahren auf meiner Bucket List und eine Landkarte von ihr auf meinem Bücherregal :-) Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pity you haven't elaborated about your own, personal experience with fernweh. As for my fernweh , it was there when I was younger; now my longing for far away places has diminished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...