Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Weird Word Wednesdays

木漏れ日 - Ko·mo·re·bi
(n.) sunshine filtering through foliage


Who doesn't know that moment when you walk by a tree or are walking in a forest, and you see a sunbeam, a ray of light... almost like a touchable cylinder, or rather a cone, of light coming from between the leaves and reaching right up to the ground.
Sometimes it even looks to the eyes, as if it where solid.

How about you, do you like this moment, when Komorebi happens? How about languages?
I hope you find this as inspiring as I did.

Yours, 
 Nokta

P.S.: I was going to post something like this a few years ago, but never got around to do this.

I have always been highly interested in languages from a very, very young age. A big part of my formal education revolved around languages.
I grew up tri-lingual because of my parental heritage & my brothers teaching me english early on & later in school I sometimes got taught about 4 languages at the same time. At my college/academy I took courses for a language related job. As a child I taught myself at home a few alphabets & the basic knowledge of a few languages.
You could say I live through languages! ;)

So I hope you will enjoy this bimonthly installment as much as I do.

7 comments:

  1. Terrific picture! I'm impressed by the sunray through the trees.
    Regarding languages- I studied russian in elementary school, but I remember nothing except the alphabet. Well, that alphabet helped me a lot in Moscow. I could read the signs , especially those at metro stations, also inscriptios on the monuments, and that was great. Language is an asset. You're lucky to know four languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Ah, just as you I know the russian alphabet, too, but the language not so much! How awesome is that!?
      I bet it makes traveling through countries with cyrillic alphabet a lot easier.
      Thank you for stopping by... :3

      Delete
  2. Hello.
      It is my joy to share your wonderful work.
      And sweet message charms my heart.

      I pray for your happiness and world peace.
      Thank you World-wide LOVE, and your Support.
    Greetings from Japan. ruma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much & greetings to you ruma-san. :)
      I'm always happy, whenever you visit my blog!

      Delete
  3. The picture is lovely, I lighting is awesome... I think it is incredible that you know so many languages, I wish that I knew more xox <3 (I am not sure this went through the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, dear!!! :)
      I love languages... they say languages connect, and so does talking. But to talk with each other & to mantain peace you have to understand each other.

      If I remember correctly, you know more than english due to your homeland, right? ;) Even being able to say hello & thank you in a second langauge is something good!

      Delete
  4. A similar picture will be on my bedroom's wall, who knows when I will finish the makeover of our apartment.
    P.S: nice to see you blogging again
    best regards & best wishes!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...