Friday, 25 December 2015

Annual Tree Genocide & the Head of the (New) Year


Even though I do not celebrate X-Mas... I do appreciate the hidden worshipping of a Tree.
On both parental sides my forefathers did this ages ago, though not because of Jesus, mind you. :)

This is the second time our Family will go through 'Yılbaşı' (lit. Head of the Year [New Year Festivities)] without our beloved Father.

Divination will be done...
Nuts and Chocolate will be consumed.
Bellies will be laden with yummy turkish, traditional Dinner.
Everything cleaned and shiny at home.
Everyone looks and behaves prim and proper.
No fights and arguments from sundown of New Year's Eve until sundown of the New Year's Day.

All in the hopes of a peaceful, lucky and prosper Year to come.
The way you behave around New Year's Eve, is the kind this upcoming Year will be for you and your loved Ones.

I will be back in 13 Days.
I wish you all lovely Holidays, lots of Presents and a Happy New Year 2016.

Yours,
 Nokta
Yeni yılınız kutlu olsun!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop trying to convert me & anyone who might be reading my Blog!

      WTF is wrong with you religious Nutjobs? -Go back to the Stone you came from and crawl back under it.
      You are all the same to me...

      And stop raping that SHIFT key... no one needs you to write in Caps, okay?

      Delete
  2. Nokta.. I wish you much love and joy for the holiday season ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying visits to your blog - everyone needs something to believe in was my father's motto - what you believe in is private and up to you so I hope you will continue to enjoy expressing your beliefs in the way that feels right for you. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the New Year dawns,I hope it is filled with the with new discoveries,
    wonderful inspirations, and happiness to fill your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...