Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Tumblr Tuesday XXIX

Today I was saddened once again by the bigotry, which religions & cultures might bring forth...  when Paris was devastated by Terrorism not too long ago, people in the Western world were changing their FB & Twitter pictures to show their solidarity in no time.
Today Istanbul was the second turkish City to be hit by Terrorism, after Ankara, in 3 Months... only few non-Turks & non-Muslims made posts on social media, journalists not counting.
So today I would like to share a few lovely images of my mother's motherland... which is on a Planet we all share, no matter where we are from or what we look like!
(Links are below each of the images, should you fancy to Like them on Tumblr & for Crediting of course.)





I only wanted to focus on the beautiful places... and not the high skyscrapers & modern places.
Peace at Home, Peace in the World...
<\sarcasmend>

Yours, 
 Nokta

10 comments:

  1. I;m sorry for all these cruel acts... peace and love.
    The Stone City looks beautiful and abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nokta, you know I totally agree with you... until people stop thinking of terrorists as a Muslim, there will continue to be ignorance. Anytime there is a terrorist attack people should feel empathy for the people are affected. I pray that changes in the near future xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. :) I wish for changes, too.
      Unfortunately as long as the people on this world are dividing themselves by religions, countries, race & whatnot thing will not really change...

      Delete
  3. I love Istanbul - its streets, colors and delicious smells. I'll fly there in 2 weeks and I totally agree with you. We are all one. If FB decides to express solidarity, the French word "solidarité" means "dayanışma" in Turkish.
    warm hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes... the lights! Istanbul is a City of Contrasts! ^_^ I wish you a safe journey & hope you will have lots of fun there!!
      Dayanışma, a word meaning so much in a world, which cares less each day...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Turkey is a beautiful country with nice, friendly people. If what you say is true, perhaps it's because of Arduan who's playing all kinds of political games, leading Turkey on a dangerous path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is... but unfortunately the Turks have taken a political & cultural turn in general, which I don't really like.
      Where it once was secular, Turkey is heading for a new 'Sharia Empire' or something like that, preferably with Recep I. as Padishah... :(

      BUT the media in the Western world not being much interested in muslim countries when a Terrorist Attack happens there, that is something even I can't blame on Erdoğan (though I can't stand that guy).

      Delete
  5. Turkey is such a fascinating country, hope to be able to visit one day!
    Nameless Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, nice blog! Follow for follow? Let me know, I'll follow you back! :)

    https://chicporadnik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It is always appreciated...

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this...